Mom Hints & Tricks
1) freeze water bottles and put them in the kids lunches. It keeps everything cold and thaws for a nice cold drink.
2) Take a dish rag to the dinner table, to eliminate trips to the kitchen for each spill. Thanks Erin, from $5 dinners.
3)To get rid of the ballpoint ink from clothing, place the garment on a towel stain-side down. Lightly dampen a cloth with rubbing alcohol and gently dab (do not rub) the stain.
4) For cheap air freshener, dab a bit of oil of clove, peppermint or eucalyptus on a cool light bulb. When you turn on the light, the scent will drift throughout the room.
5) Stubborn Stains – Mustard, chocolate and lipstick can be removed by rubbing a few drops of liquid glycerin into the stains first and then rub in stain remover or laundry detergent. Launder as usual in cool water first. (liquid glycerin can be bought at walgreens, wal-mart, Amazon, etc.)
6)Cheap hair conditioner makes good shaving cream for 1/4 the price! Thanks, Mary from Owlhaven.net
7)Have a special spot in the kitchen for “in use” cups. No more wondering if a cup needs to be washed, and getting new ones out. just throw that day’s batch in the washer at the end of the day.
8) I save the Squeeze Spout Insert from Salad Dressing Bottles- to use for other Salad Dressing Bottles that do not have a Squeeze Spout –I never know til I open it- so I’ve started saving Squeeze Spout Inserts
Thanks, Helpful Mommy Hints
9) Potty training little boys? Throw some cheerios in for them to aim at!
10) For my personal nemesis – crayons on walls – as an adult, a Mr Clean eraser brings it right up. If you’d like to make the little culprit clean their own mess, use dry cleaning solvent, available at drug or shoe stores. Pour a bit on a terry cloth towel to safely remove crayon from almost any (except antique wallpaper) surface.
11) To freshen up your kitchen, run some hot waster down the disposal and lemon rinds while the disposal is running. This give the kitchen a nice clean smell.
12) UnCommon Uses for Baking Soda: Use to make deodorant, Balance the PH in your swimming pool, Clean BBQ grill, Use to strip wallpaper, Removes Rust, Use to extinguish fires, Clean stains from plastic, Use to clean drains. Thanks Tidymom!